1. Saint Laurent Spring/Summer 2013
2. Saint Laurent Fall/Winter 2013
3. Saint Laurent Spring/Summer 2014
Until now, I wasn't that much aware of the Slimane gender blending. Yes, the womenswear invite showed men in suits (swaying a hat) and the menswear invite featured an illustrated (vaguely feminine) heart, yet, the crossing of sexuality seemed nothing more than a visual/conceptual tease. Androgynity was always on Hedi's Dior Homme agenda. With his offerings for Saint Laurent, it feels more like a campaign for asexuality. In fact, he creates duplicates, an intertext within his own world. That of sequins, bows and leopard print. I am buying it. Lipstick included.
1. Raymond Pettibon Invite, Saint Laurent Fall/Winter 2014
2. Saint Laurent Fall/Winter 2014
3. John Baldessari Invite, Saint Laurent Fall/Winter 2014
4. Saint Laurent Fall/Winter 2014
The artists Slimane chooses and the symbols their invitation artworks depict imply a crossing of meaning. Comic-like figures with disturbing, poetic and ambiguous undertone? The anti-authoritarian spirit of youth? Pettibon! Menswear! The appropriation of the found image as art practice? Endless repetition with subtle changes? Baldessari! Womenswear! 9 classic jackets over sparkly dresses...
1. Cindy Sherman at Louis Vuitton Fall/Winter 2014
2. Balenciaga Spring/Summer 2011
So what would Cindy Sherman wear? The real Cindy Sherman. Not her 'other' portrayed self. She does, in fact, wear the 'lesbian collection' - those celebrated buckle boots. In blue crocodile leather. By Balenciaga. By Nicolas Ghesquière. And short hair. At this morning's Louis Vuitton show.
Image credits WWD
1. Céline Fall/Winter 2014
2. Stella McCartney Fall/Winter 2014
3. Missoni Fall/Winter 2014
Longing for plastic fantastic embellishments. Toys 'R' Her - that only money can buy. The careerist (Phoebe), the feminist (Stella), the female nerd (Angela). The Parisian woman is emancipating her inner child. Which is her interpretation of men-erism.
1. Dior Fall/Winter 2014
2. Raf Simons Spring/Summer 2014
3. Raf Simons Spring/Summer 2014
4. Dior Fall/Winter 2014
5. Dior Fall/Winter 2014
6. Raf Simons Spring/Summer 2014
7. Dior Fall/Winter 2014
8. Raf Simons Spring/Summer 2014
The Raf Sandior universe is a hermeneutic one. And it is about shoes. Fast paced models in pop coloured running pumps. Their stumbling stride only buffered by block striped guard rails. Style first, safety second.